* Still in a cubicle…or thinking of pivoting your business
* when to make the decision to go for it?
* when do you stay?
* FOMO/shiny object protection
* more than just good vs bad info products/business tools
* more than just best path vs all other paths
* give you some tools/strategies/perspectives…a framework for decision making on choosing paths
* Starting place…
* not fully won yet…
* Start where you are…
* Ask big picture questions
* really dig deep…
* follow the threads…
* be honest with yourself about what YOU want
* not what your parents or your friends or your spouse wants…
* Check in with big questions at least once a year or so…
* sometimes your answers change
* Run scenarios through the different tools/perspectives/strategies
* compare different new paths
* use current path
* compare specific aspects
* metaphor: house hunting — 4 br vs 5 br
* $$$ vs $$
* sample big picture questions
* how do you know what’s true vs false vs unknown?
* BIG: confirmation bias
* how do you know what’s important?
* covered by other questions and points in this pod
* Importance brainstorming — priorities
* how do you know what’s good?
* comes from happiness
* pleasure vs happiness
* how do you figure out what you want?
* do you want the right things?
* what do you really want in life?
* what should you want in life?
* how do you want to measure your life?
* what’s truly important to you?
* when are you happy?
* what makes you fulfilled?
* potential path analysis perspectives/tools/strategies
* run by big questions
* minimum thresholds
* future projection
* current path
* new path
* trends analysis [link]
* new challenges
* Fletch trail work — audio books
* long term…
* mind works on 1 thing at a time…
* meeting/exceeding thresholds…
* true cost analysis
* cost/benefit analysis
* growth queue building and maintaining
* commitment to never ending personal development
* Take single steps
* can seem overwhelming…
* break big task sets into smaller task sets…
* …not an exhaustive list
* meh list
* previous experiences…
* “natural” inclinations
* skills vs abilities
* leaving job
* projecting well into the future
* not meandering enough
* why want to leave job?
* bad boss
* busy work
* felt like I was getting dumber
* why SEO?
* very interested
* saw long term value of SEO
* Dallas SEO Geek
* saw high search volume
* narrow service focus decision
* specialist vs generalist
* vs comprehensivist
* business vs personal
* started off as a generalist…
* DDD/info biz
* Jim Rohn…study, practice, teach
* noticed some things not getting talked about that I had direct experience with
* “successful” experiences — $140k…
* info off and on…
* selling to 1 audience, not my own
* going beyond OMG, bad taste
* 2018 OMG live, Kevin David
* $1k product…cost/benefit
* down moment for client biz
* finally committed long term
* Fletch’s start
* why pivot/change course?
* market business
* SUV vs providing for family
* paid for access to people who were making money
* norms affecting
* realized technical info was not the key to success
* Web A11y
* Bouncer — Building Scientist
* Building Scientist — Digital Marketing
* Buy info product/SW tool?
* exposure to marketing
* relevant to objectives
* trends [link]